Tuesday, November 15, 2005

ants

I was rather productive today. I mounted a paper towel holder and a handi-vac charging base on the wall. S's new shark is a handy vac indeed. I baked bread, including a foccacia I made up, and I made some beef stroganoff, or something like it. Actually, it was like making a beef veloute and putting in some sauteed beef strips and green peppers and putting it over shells.
Today in class I made lobster bisque. I often thought that sounded really good. I think shrimp bisque would be better. Lobster bisque was good, but not nearly worth all the trouble of making it. I liked eating it all the same, but the cream of broccoli I made was better.
This thanksgiving I'm looking forward to making croissant pudding and maybe a strawberry chiffon pie. I'm not sure, but I think I might top the strawberry chiffon with a choco-meringue. That would be pretty fun. My wife is going to make a soft, fluffy pumpkin pie.
I hope someone makes dinner to go with all this desert.

J

No comments: