Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Great view, very cool friends

In the foreground is Gil, he's my roommate and a very cool guy. In the background is Katie, another of the employees out here. Katie has a way of looking at people she's just met like she already knows them and has for a long time. One of the support people sent out from the corporate office said during a training session that she'd never seen a team of seasonal employees like us. None of us have been here any longer than a couple of weeks, most of us for only a few days, and we already treat eachother like old friends and family. For the most part you'd only see someone eating alone or hiking alone if they wanted to be alone.
The beach in this pic is just a short walk from the cabins where we sleep. You can get an excellent view from the lodge and sunset lasts for hours up here, it starts around 9 or so and lasts until nearly midnight. I'm really happy being here. I hope everyone back home is well.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tolmonster said...

Dang I wish I could afford a gettaway like that. I should figure something out, I don't my summer to slip away unenjoyed.

-Nathan

(your fish are being fed)