Monday, December 19, 2005

I wanted to share with you a picture of the newest member of my little family. Mango was supposed to be a christmas present, but came home with us early because she was on sale. Sandra got her for me and she's beautiful. She's a pied green peach-faced lovebird, and she's about 7 months old now. Her wings were clipped when we got her, and are still growing back, but she's getting better and better at flying every week. I'll be surprised if she's not flying around by the end of january.
Mango is a lot of fun, she makes funny sounds and almost sounds like she could talk. She likes to spend hours hanging out on my shoulder and my head, and I don't mind so much that she poops on me sometimes. It is annoying occasionally, but mostly I just don't let her hop up on my shoulder when we're going out. She's not very musical, but she does like to talk a lot. She's gotta be one of the best christmas presents ever!

hope all is well, and merry christmas

Posted by Picasa

No comments: