Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The first tree I really dislike


This tree, alone among it's brothers, has incurred my distaste. As you can see, it is blocking the view from my balcony. Had I wanted to pay more and have more trouble moving into my apartment, possibly having to give up some of my furniture, I might have gotten a better view. I may try to make the move to one of the nicer apartments when my lease is up, if any of the good spots are open. For now, I'm up here on the north side and this tree is starting to grow its leaves. I don't mind this tree when it's bare, but when those leaves come, that's pretty much the end of my stunning view of the valley.
During the winter I can see all the way out across the lake, and that's a long way to be able to see. I laugh sometimes thinking what other people paid for their houses up here on the hill, only to have a slightly lower vantage point than the one I enjoy. All that laughter comes to an end this month as the tree outside my balcony sprouts leaves and readies itself for summer. This view will be all but blocked unless, by some friendly twist of fate, some of these offending branches happen to fall to the ground.

But that wouldn't happen...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: