Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The view up here - sunset.

I don't know if I've mentioned why I like living up here against the hillside. There's definitely a down-side to being up here. It's a long drive to the freeway, and to school, and to anywhere I'd work. I can't just stroll down to a grocery store in any decent amount of time. I have to take the car to get groceries unless I have a lot of time for the walk. Too steep for the bike to be practical, even though I'm in decent shape. There are plenty of reasons why being up here is hard, but being up here is really good. The rent's cheaper than elsewhere in town because it's out of the way, and this is the view I get at sundown. It was hard to get a good picture, I don't think the sky was really that bright, but I couldn't get a shot that truly approximated the right light level. Still, it's a really pretty sunset and I like being able to see all the way across the valley, and even see the lake out there. It's miles away, but I can see it all from up here. I love it.

-CJB
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mr. T said...

Yes, I remember that view well. LP sucks during the winter, but that valley view is worth a lot of hassles.